At KidsCan Charitable Trust (“KidsCan”, “we”, or “us”), we are firmly committed to protecting the privacy and the security of your personal information.
You are not required to provide us with any personal information that we request. However, if you do not, you may not be able to access our Websites or services.
How we collect your personal information
We collect personal information directly from you whenever you interact with us, for example when you visit our Websites, complete one of our online forms, or when you communicate with us.
The personal information we collect will vary depending on the services you use and how you interact with us. For example, we may collect your:
- Name, address, telephone number(s), email address, age, organisation name;
- Information relating to your relationship with KidsCan, for example, a history of any donations you make to KidsCan;
- Feedback that you provide to use;
- Any interactions you have with us through our social media accounts.
We collect information about you whenever you interact with us, for example when you visit our website (the “Site”), complete one of our online forms, or if you send us an email.
Payment card information
If you make a payment or donation on our Websites, WindCave and Flo2Cash will process your payment through a secure HPP. WindCave and Flo2Cash will encrypt and store your payment card number securely, in accordance with their privacy policies, which is available at https://www.windcave.com/ and https://flo2cash.com/nz/privacy-policy.
Your payment card number is not held by, and is never revealed to, us.
Cookies and other tags
KidsCan also collects information (including some personal information, including your name, email and phone number) through our Websites using cookies and other tags (like Google tags). Cookies are small pieces of information that are stored on your computer. These can be session cookies which are deleted when you close your browser, and/or persistent cookies which remain on your computer or mobile device for a longer period of time.
Cookies can be disabled via your web browser. However, doing so may limit your access to some of the Websites’ content and features.
Information about other people
How we use your personal information
The personal information that we collect may be used for the following purposes:
- To provide you with our products and services;
- To create a unique identifier using Unified ID2.0 (UID2). This is an alternative to cookies, which allows us to create a completely anonymous unique identifier developed from anonymised personal information. We will only do this if you have opted-in to receiving news and other communications from us;
- To communicate with you, including to respond to your requests, enquiries or complaints and for any other customer-related activities;
- For marketing or advertising purposes including to promote the KidsCan and the products and services we offer; and
- For any other purpose that we tell you about, that you authorise or that is permitted by law.
We may also use aggregated and anonymised information (where all identifying characteristics have been removed) for statistical and research purposes.
If you would like to opt-out of receiving any marketing or advertising communications from us, please use the unsubscribe facility at the bottom of one of our emails to you, or contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org to remove yourself from our mailing list.
Disclosure of personal information
We will only share your personal information with:
- Any person or third party authorised by you;
- The Trade Desk for the purpose of creating a UID2 identifier; and
- Any other party who we are required or authorised to disclose personal information to in accordance with applicable law.
Except as set out above, we will never sell or directly share your personal information with any other person or third party.
Sharing your information with The Trade Desk
We may on-board your email address to The Trade Desk’s CRM Data Onboarding Service, for the purpose of creating a unique identifier using UID2. The Trade Desk will transmit that information to its UID2 technology, and then transmit the identifier to our advertising agencies account on The Trade Desk platform. Our advertising agency can use the unique identifier to create audiences for the purpose of targeted advertising on our behalf.
The Trade Desk will only store your personal information for as long as is necessary for it to transmit that information to its UID2 technology. It will not retain your personal information.
We will only create a unique identifier with UID2 if you have opted-in to receiving communications and other news from us. If you provide us with your email address for this purpose, you authorise us to use and disclose your information for the purpose set out immediately above. You can opt-out of UID2 at any time through the Transparency and Control Portal.
Storage of personal information
Security of your personal information is very important to us. We take reasonable technical and organisational precautions to protect personal information that we hold. However, due to the inherent nature of the internet, we are not able to guarantee the security of any information that you hold or that you transmit to us.
Access and correction of personal information
Under the Privacy Act, you have the right to access and request correction of any personal information that we hold about you. If you would like to access or request correction of any of your personal information, please contact us at email@example.com
KidsCan Charitable Trust
7 Beatrice Tinsley Crescent, Albany, Auckland, 0632
PO Box 31646, Milford, Auckland 0741